Applications are invited from qualified international students to apply for a scholarship position at Utrecht University, Netherlands. The Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for international students is to be awarded to students who are willing to take up Postgraduate studies at the university having obtained a bachelor’s degree in any recognized university world-wide.
The scholarship award is for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years depending on the course programme of study. The scholarship can only be renewed for the second year if the student shows satisfactory academic performance and progress towards the degree.
About Utrecht University
Founded in 1636 and located in the heart of the Netherlands, Utrecht University is one of Europe's leading research universities. We are recognised internationally for our high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching. As an international student, you’ll be in good company at Utrecht University. Every year, approximately 1,500 international students come to the university to take English-taught degree programmes and other courses. Students work and study closely together, learning to operate in an international environment from the outset. This is essential for s...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Utrecht University scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme
Aim and Benefits of Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
Requirements for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme Qualification
- Applicants must belong to the top 10% of their graduating class. This should be in the form of a statement signed and stamped by your university, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate or any other document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your graduating class.
- Applicants must have completed a secondary school and a bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands
- Applicant must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Applicants have applied for an international master’s programme starting from 1st September, 2020.
- Applicants are to visit the official webpage to ensure that their course of study qualifies for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Applicants will be selected based on academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
- Applicants will also be selected based on the quality of their academic results preceding the study as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation.
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the master’s programme will also be used as a criteria for selection.
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme (completeness, accuracy, consistency) will also be used.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
Documents Required for Application
Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class which will be evidenced by an official document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your class. Such documents as a statement signed and stamped by your institution, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Application DeadlineJanuary 31, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Utrecht University on osiris.uu.nl
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click 'on the link 'New application'.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- Submit your application.
You will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to the scholarship deadline and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the programme.
For more details, visit Utrecht University website.