OS-HELP is a loan that assists eligible students, who are based in Australia to undertake some of their study overseas.
Students can apply for an OS-HELP loan at any point throughout the year (within 6 months of the start of overseas travel). Please note however, that the University only has a limited number of OS-HELP loans available and this allocation may be exhausted prior to the end of any year.
About Flinders University
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. Founded in 1966, it was named in honour of navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group and ranks in the 10-16 bracket in Australia and 36th in the world of those established less than 50 years. Academically, the university pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to education, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are ranked amon... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Flinders University scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of OS-HELP Loans
The amount of OS-HELP assistance paid to each selected student will be the amount the student has applied for, but shall not exceed;
- $7,100 (if you will not be studying in Asia); or
- $8,519 if you will be studying in Asia; and
- An additional $1,133 if you will be undertaking an Asian language study, specifically in preparation for study in Asia.
Requirements for OS-HELP Loans Qualification
To be eligible for consideration for OS-HELP assistance, a student must:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder or a New Zealand citizen who has been a long-term resident of Australia since childhood and meet certain eligibility criteria (see the Study Assist website for details); and
- be undertaking a course of study as a Commonwealth supported student, leading to a higher education award at Flinders University; and
- have successfully completed at least 36 units of study undertaken in Australia towards the course of study for which the assistance is being sought; and
- be undertaking full-time study overseas; and
- have their overseas study count as credit towards their course of study; and
- be required to undertake at least 4.5 units of study in order complete their course of study on return from their overseas study
OS-HELP assistance will not be granted to a student who:
Checkout: Scholarships for African students 2021/2022
- has received OS-HELP on more than one other occasion; or
- has been granted an OS-HELP loan for an overlapping six month study period
Interview date, Process and Venue for OS-HELP Loans
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be ranked on the basis of academic merit which will be determined by the GPA for the most recent 36 units of study; and the extent to which the applicant's Flinders University studies will benefit from the proposed program of overseas study. Preference will be given to students undertaking an exchange program approved by the Flinders University International Office. Selection will be made by a Selection Committee comprising the Director, Student Administration and Systems or nominee and members of the International Scholarships Committee. Applicants for OS-HELP will be notified in writing of the outcome of the selection process within two months of the application closing date. Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer detailing the conditions of receiving an OS-HELP Loan.
Application DeadlineDecember 31, 2022
How to Apply
Application for an OS-HELP loan is a two stage process:
- Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student Information System. Applicants will need to login and navigate to the My Scholarships tab to submit an application. The application form is called "OS-HELP".
- Once you have submitted your online application, your application will be assessed. If you meet all of the eligibility criteria and your application is approved, you will need to submit an OS-HELP debt confirmation form to Student Finance Services.
For further information about OS-HELP assistance including repayment details please visit the Australian Government Study Assist website or download the 2022 OS-HELP Statement of terms and conditions.
Submit an application
For more details, visit Flinders University website.