The Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for very high-achieving students from Australia and overseas. It’s designed to help you embrace the challenges and excitement of undergraduate study at the University of Melbourne.
As a Chancellor's Scholar, you’ll receive a living allowance and/or a living allowance, and a guaranteed place in a professional graduate degree course.
In addition, you’ll receive a Melbourne Global Scholars Award to help broaden your horizons with financial support for overseas study.
About University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne (informally Melbourne University) is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne, Victoria. Founded in 1853, it is Australia's second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. Times Higher Education ranks Melbourne as 33rd in the world, while the Academic Ranking of World Universities places Melbourne 44th in the world (both first in Australia).... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
University of Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship (domestic students)
Aim and Benefits of University of Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship (domestic students)
This scholarship is offered to talented students in recognition of their outstanding academic achievement during their Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate (IB).
- HECS Student Contribution exemption for the full duration of a Commonwealth Supported Place in an undergraduate degree, a concurrent diploma, and 25 credit points of single subject enrolments
- Living allowance for up to three years with a value of $5,000 per year for students who studied in Victoria or $10,000 per year for students who studied outside Victoria.
The duration of the allowance will be extended by one year if you enrol in a bachelor (extended) course and/or a concurrent diploma at the same time as your bachelors degree at the University of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award of up to $2,500 for an approved period of overseas study as an Exchange or Study Abroad student
- Guaranteed Commonwealth Supported Place in one of the professional master degrees for students who meet the prerequisite course and entry requirements for the master degree
This scholarship is subject to the Coursework Scholarships Terms & Conditions and can be deferred to the following academic year. In addition, you must achieve an average result of at least 70 per half-year study period.
Requirements for University of Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship (domestic students) Qualification
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, and have completed an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia, or
- be an Australian citizen and have completed an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate outside Australia.
- not have completed subjects undertaken as part of a tertiary course (except subjects that were part of an extension program)
- have applied for a University of Melbourne undergraduate course via VTAC for commencement in the year following completion of Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate
- meet the entry requirements for the University of Melbourne course nominated in your VTAC application and:
- have achieved an ATAR of at least 99.90, or
- intend to undertake the Bachelor of Music and have achieved an ATAR of at least 99.85 and achieved an audition score of A+ , or
- be of Indigenous Australian descent and have achieved an ATAR of at least 90.00
Interview date, Process and Venue for University of Melbourne Chancellors Scholarship (domestic students)
The Melbourne Chancellor's Scholarship is guaranteed to all eligible students.
The first offers are made a few days after the Victorian Year 12 ATAR results are released in December. Further offers are made in January and February to students who have completed IB or Year 12 outside Victoria. Scholarship offers do not represent an offer for admission to a University of Melbourne bachelors degree. Course offers are made separately through VTAC.
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Melbourne on scholarships.unimelb.edu.au
If you’re eligible and applied for study at the University of Melbourne through VTAC, you’re automatically considered for a Melbourne Chancellor's Scholarship, so you won’t need to make a separate application.
For more details visit: University of Melbourne website.Chancellors Scholarship (international students) scholarship by