VLIR-UOS is awarding Training and Masters Scholarships to international students. This International Training Programmes (ITP) is short to medium-term, intensive, interactive, and practical trainings organised at a university or university college in Belgium/Flanders.
International master programmes (ICPs) are accredited (advanced or initial) master programmes (EQF 7) consisting of 2 or 4 semesters (60 or 120 ECTS respectively) on a subject that is relevant to or specific for sustainable development.
VLIR-UOS supports partnerships between universities and university colleges, in Flanders and the South, that are searching for answers to global and local challenges.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new VLIR-UOS scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of Masters Scholarships
We only provide scholarships for the full duration of the master programme. It is not possible to apply for a partial scholarship.
The detailed current amounts and more information on the different allowances can be found in the document ‘Allowances and guidelines for VLIR-UOS scholarships’.
Scholarship amounts can change at any time in line with decisions of the funding government.
Requirements for Masters Scholarships Qualification
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet the following requirements:
- Nationality and country of residence:??A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the 31 eligible countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of the application.
- Age:?The maximum age for a master programme candidate is 35 for an initial master and 45 for an advanced master. The candidate cannot exceed this age on the first of January of the intake year.
- ?Professional background and experience:?Priority is given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or who aim at a career in one of these sectors.?However, master candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience can be eligible for the scholarship as well, depending on their motivation and profile.
- Fungibility with other VLIR-UOS funding:?Candidates working in a university where we already fund IUC, TEAM or SI projects, can receive an ITP-ICP scholarship if they clearly motivate the reason of their application and clarify why the participation at the ICP programme cannot be funded as part of the existing IUC, Team or SI programme or project funds.
- VLIR-UOS scholarship applications and previously awarded scholarships:?A candidate can only submit one scholarship application to us per year - irrespective of the scholarship type - and can therefore only be selected for one of our scholarships per year.
- The Master programme candidate has never received a scholarship from the Belgian government?to attend a master programme or equivalent or was never enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution to attend a master programme or equivalent before the first of January of the intake year.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Masters Scholarships
Check the eligibility criteria for a scholarship.
If you meet all the criteria, have a look at the selected master programmes (15).
If a specific programme catches your interest, visit the website of the organising university and follow its instructions.
Do not apply for more than one master programme per year.
We receive the selection results of the programme organisers.
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to VLIR-UOS on www.vliruos.be
The organisers receive the selection results of the programme. The programme organisers will contact the selected candidates as well as the candidates on the waiting list by e-mail.
For more details, visit VLIR-UOS website.Training Scholarships scholarship by