Have you received a scholarship and you are so excited that you don't know how to say "Thank you"? Well, we have got your back. You can successfully construct a thank you letter to donor. After composing a scholarship acceptance letter, or even passing the scholarship interview, you finally got a scholarship to one of the most prominent universities out there. You may think: "Well, I am finally done. Congratulations to me”! Not exactly. You see, for the sake of goodwill, you might want to show heartfelt appreciation to the scholarship donor for lifting a heavy financial burden. So, a thank you note for scholarship is not just appropriate. We think it's necessary. So in this article,
You will learn the following:
What is a scholarship thank you letter
Parts of a scholarship thank you letter
Tips on what to and what not to write in a scholarship thank you letter
Letter formatting for a scholarship thank you letter
Sample scholarship thank you letter
Sample scholarship thank you letter PDF
Scholarship thank you letter example
For High School
For Financial assistance
WHAT IS A SCHOLARSHIP THANK YOU LETTER
A scholarship thank you letter is a letter that acknowledges the generosity and unselfishness of scholarship donors that support students like you. Following up with a thank you for scholaship letter solidifies your image with the scholarship sponsors. The scholarship committees and donors want to know how a scholarship award has made a difference in your life. They ask for nothing in return. Your acknowledgement of that fact will undoubtedly please them in a thank you letter for scholarship sponsors. So now let's take a good look at the parts of a well - crafted scholarship thank you letter. Further, you will see touching “thank you for the scholarship” quotes.
PARTS OF A SCHOLARSHIP THANK YOU LETTER
After fully grasping the importance of a scholarship thank you letter, we now want to see how you can organize your intentions and thoughts of appreciation into paragraphs. If you have your scholarship thank you letter handwritten
Addressing the sponsor
Place the date, address the letter to Mr/Mrs First and Last Name of the sponsor or name of the organization. Input the name of the scholarship and end it with the physical address (city,state and zip code). Then salute with "Dear (Sponsor Name)."
Simply state the purpose of your letter. Write with a sincere and active voice. Ensure you mention the scholarship by name and avoid mentioning money or request for additional support. Be straightforward with your gratitude in your thank you not for scholarship donor.
In your thank you letter for scholarship award, state a little about yourself and indicate why the scholarship is important. With your written scholarship thank you speech, you should demonstrate the impact that being a student of a particular college will have on you. Connect with your sponsor and let them know what their going towards. A little description of your past and the things that motivate you can go a long way.
Close by thanking the person again and make a commitment to do well with the donor's investment. Briefly share your future plans and personal goals. In your grant thank you letter, The sponsor should be reminded of the effect that they have had on your life in your letter of appreciation for scholarship.
Close your thank you message for scholarship with "Sincerely", "Warm Regards" or "Yours Truly", followed by your signature. Finally input your name, phone number, email or website.
TIPS: WHAT TO DO WHEN WRITING YOUR SCHOLARSHIP THANK YOU LETTER
- Show that you are an appreciative recipient and not just a prospective candidate. Be enthusiastic about winning in your thank you card for scholarship.
- Convey your message of thanks in a clear and concise manner.
- As seen in the below scholarship thank you note example, be genuine and sincere in the tone of your thank - you letter.
- Ensure that your grammar and spelling is correct and checked. As far as you are concerned, this is an academic award.
- Have your letter typewritten and submitted in a business - type structure in your thank you letter for bursary or perhaps on high quality resume paper.
TIPS: WHAT NOT TO WRITE IN YOUR SCHOLARSHIP THANK YOU LETTER
- Do not be dishonest. When writing a thank you letter for scholarship, let the financial needs that you had earlier communicated be truthful. Authenticity will be received well by your sponsor.
- Do not be elaborate. Don't allow your thank you beyond two pages. Your application was the time to go into page after page details about yourself. Keep the letter to the necessary information.
- Don't copy sample thank - you letters entirely. Write your gratitude letter for scholarship from the scratch. Use samples only as a guide. A reader knows when you are just copying a script.
- Don't be overly official or cold. When writing your thank you letter, you should do that in an appreciative manner. Show that you don't take this scholarship lightly.
- Don't send your letter without reviewing for error. It is usually helpful to have another set of eyes. So before sending the final version, ask a family member or a friend to review your thank you to scholarship donor.
LETTER FORMATTING FOR SCHOLARSHIP THANK YOU LETTER
Our dear scholarship winners, the layout of the thank you letter is as important as the content itself. So here are the following techniques for a well - crafted scholarship thank you letter format
- Use a business format to your layout on your scholarship thank you email.
- Save the letter in a word document (.docx) of Adobe Acrobat Format (.pdf).
- Ensure your scholarship acceptance thank you letter is free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- The sender's address should be left - aligned.
- The receiver's address should be right - aligned.
- Type of font recommended is Arial or Times New Roman
- On a thank you letter to college, font size 12 or 13 is fair and practical on.
- Double spacing is highly advisable as it makes the content of your thank you email for scholarship easy on the eye.
SCHOLARSHIP THANK YOU LETTER EXAMPLE
Here is a well – constructed scholarship thank you letter example that can serve as a good guide.
Block 57, Calister Street,
Mr and Mrs Coleman,
Academic Prowess Scholarship,
7D, Senior Staff Quarters,
University of Pennsylvania,
P.O. Box: 557882
Dear Mr and Mrs Coleman,
I write this scholarship gratitude letter to you in appreciation for awarding the Academic Prowess Scholarship to me. I am deeply honored to be found worthy in your eyes of receiving the award. I am deeply convinced that I will have the most impact - driven period of my life in the University of Pennsylvania.
I come from a town in Georgia that has been economically disadvantaged over the years. The status has adversely affected my family's finances in a way that I could not further my education. I was at my wit's end when this scholarship opportunity came knocking on my door. Mr and Mrs Coleman, you may not know me on a personal level. But you took a heavy financial burden off my shoulders and and that means a lot to me.
Once again, thank you for this award. Having a Master's degree in Criminology from the University of Pennsylvania is an asset. I will be able to decipher the deadliest crimes in my town, thus contributing to the restoration of greater peace in Georgia. Thank you for your timely, financial support. May your family be blessed.
[Add your Signature],
SCHOLARSHIP THANK YOU LETTER PDF
Our dear scholarship winners, we don't want internet disconnection to stop you from having an easy access to the above thank - you letter for scholarship donor sample. You can easily download the material in a scholarship thank you letter pdf version. A scholarship acceptance letter pdf will be provided on the next posts. For now, don't delay a single minute in downloading your scholarship acceptance letter pdf. Download Sample Scholarship Thank you letter.
SCHOLARSHIP THANK YOU LETTER TEMPLATES
You may have specific target audience in mind. It is understandable that the above guide might not capture all the aspects of your target audience or your purpose of composing a mouth - watering scholarship thank you note for scholarship. That's why the following scholarship thank you letter templates will appear very helpful. Pay rapt attention.
College Scholarship Thank you letter Sample
Here is a scholarship thank you letter for College.
High School Scholarship Thank you letter Sample
Here is a great scholarship thank you letter for High School.
Financial Assistance Scholarship Thank you letter Sample
Have you been financially supported with the scholarship you won? Here is a thank you letter for financial assistance.
Award Scholarship Thank you letter Sample
Want to have an awesome award scholarship thank you letter? Need an award thank you letter?
Christmas Scholarship Thank you letter Sample
Is this a Chrsitmas season and you just give your best wishes to your donor? Here is a great scholarship thank you letter for Christmas.
Fellowship Scholarship Thank you letter Sample
Won a Fellowship award? Here is a fellowship thank you letter.
Email Scholarship Thank you letter Sample
Want to type your scholarship thank you letter and send an email? Here is a scholarship thank you email.
By the time you are done with the scholarship application process, have faith that everything will be sorted out. The above scholarship appreciation letter examples will put you at ease. Ensure that your scholarship letter of intent is attention - driven. Maintain an inspiring scholarship application letter.
In no distant time, you will receive an email congratulating you for the scholarship award. You will be ready for a student scholarship thank you letter. Then this article will be here waiting for you. Until then….