The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 120 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries.
Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year are awarded in collaboration with a network of partner institutions authorised to nominate candidates.\
Sciences Po is the first university in continental Europe to join the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. Within this international network, 27 prestigious institutions in Africa, America and Europe are committed to ensuring that all young people, whatever their background, have the same opportunities to get a quality education and fulfil their potential.
Over six years (2017 – 2022), the Scholars Program will fund:
- 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation
- 40 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
About MasterCard Foundation
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance. Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life.... read more... continue reading
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new MasterCard scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Summer School
Aim and Benefits of Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Summer School
13 full scholarships are offered for 2021 to candidates eligible for the scholarship and admitted to the Summer School.
Important: admission to the Summer School does not guarantee a scholarship award. In case of deferral of entry to the Summer School, the Mastercard Foundation scholarship award will be lost.
Requirements for Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation Summer School Qualification
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- You must currently be a Mastercard Foundation scholar at a Mastercard Foundation partner institution;
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and/or service within your community.
Candidates will be asked to:
- Give personal information;
- Attach a letter of recommendation from the partner institution supporting their application as well as a Mastercard Foundation Scholarship certificate;
- Provide information and proof concerning their educational and extra-curricular experiences.
Documents Required for Application
- Personal information (name, address, etc.)
- Identity card or passport
- Identity photo
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic background information:
- Certificate of enrolment (if currently a student)
- Academic transcript (required for current students, recommended for graduates)
- Copy of previous diploma(s) obtained (if applicable)
- Professional background information (if applicable)
- Language level verification for candidates who are not native English speakers and/or who need to demonstrate their French level for the French language track.
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to MasterCard Foundation on admission.sciencespo.fr
For more details, visit Sciences Po website
Masters scholarship by
- Apply for the Scholarship before November 25, 2020
- Apply for your master before December 6, 2020
- Summer School:
- Apply for the Scholarship before January 31, 2021
- Apply to the Sciences Po Summer School before February 28, 2021