The project ‘Scaling digital agriculture innovations through startups’ (SAIS), implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), has launched its Call for Applications for the first GIIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme.
Have you successfully developed innovative digital solutions for the agricultural and food sector with a positive impact on income generation? Are you still looking for company development support to scale your business and increase your impact?
The GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme provides tailor-made company development measures aimed at improving your investment readiness and gaining access to investment and business opportunities.
VC4A started with the mission to build up Africa’s start up community. Started in 2007, the network building organization has grown organically over the years into what is now the leading community working to build high growth high impact companies globally.
Increased economic momentum is fueled by a growing number of entrepreneurs and their ambition to transform society. It is imperative we seek out the collaborations and partnerships needed to bring together the capital, knowledge, and network these entrepreneurs require to succeed – and to provide every entrepreneur with an e... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new VC4A scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- State of Origin
Men and Women
- Application Deadline
August 31, 2021
Aim and Benefits of GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme
- A six-month Investment Readiness Programme fully funded by GIZ-SAIS beginning in December 2019. The programme is built around regular virtual coaching and training sessions with experienced company developers and growth managers.
- Access to additional service providers to optimise certain segments of your venture (e.g. legal, cash flow, marketing, coding etc.).
- Three in-person meet-ups complete the programme: a kick-off workshop in Nairobi, Kenya, in December 2019, followed by a mid-term check-in in the third or fourth month and a link-up event with investors and business partners will conclude the programme.
- Throughout the duration of the programme, the GIZ-SAIS team will facilitate contacts and interactions with potential investors and business partners using the global investor cloud services. Further follow-up growth measures in close dialogue with committed investors and business partners are planned for those start-ups that successfully complete the Investment Readiness Programme.
What is expected?
- A willingness by team members and ability to take part in all training measures, including physical presence during the kick-off, mid-term check-in and link-up event.
- Team members exhibit willingness to agree on individual milestones as well as serious ambition to achieve them within the timeframe of the GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme.
- The willingness to regularly communicate and share business information with GIZ-SAIS.
Requirements for GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme Qualification
You can apply if your business:
- is a start-up registered in Africa, a for-profit business with a team of at least two people,
- is offering scalable digital solutions with a clear positive impact on income in the agricultural and/or food sector (e.g. through savings, business opportunities, added value, etc.),
- and is in the post-seed stage (i.e. have launched a minimum viable product, have an existing customer base, have evidence of revenue).
Projects will be selected on the basis of an application that showcases:
- a convincing business model,
- a highly-motivated team that ideally reflects gender equality and diversity,
- and presents a digital product that is scalable, demonstrably functional, user-oriented, commercially viable and makes use of sustainable technical solutions while also, ideally, promoting gender equality in the agriculture and food sector.
Checkout: 100 Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions
Application DeadlineAugust 31, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to VC4A on vc4a.com
For more details, visit VC4A website.