ICMR-DHR International Fellowship Programme For Indian Biomedical Scientists 2023 is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Biomedical Sciences.
One of the major mandates of ICMR and DHR is to augment capacity strengthening of Indian scientists. This international fellowship programme is intended to create a pool of talented health research personnel by facilitating advanced training and exposure to the latest advancements in knowledge through interaction with the international scientists in their respective field of work.
1. Short term international fellowships for senior Indian biomedical scientists
II. Long term international fellowships for young indian biomedical scientists
About Indian Council of Medical (ICMR)
INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world. The ICMR has always attempted to address itself to the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical...
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Indian Council of Medical scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
ICMR Long term international fellowships for young indian biomedical scientists
Aim and Benefits of ICMR Long term international fellowships for young indian biomedical scientists
The objective of the long-term fellowship (for young scientists) is to learn new techniques, understand research methodology, engage in some meaningful research and get acquainted with the international scientific environment. It is expected that upon return the scientists will develop a research project based on training abroad.
- A stipend of US$ 3000 per month which includes accommodation and other expenses.
- The Fellow will be given an advance stipend in the form of an equivalent amount in Indian currency and the balance amount of approximately 10% of the stipend will be given after the completion of the fellowship and after due adjustments on submission of utilization certificate/original receipt.
- Return economy class excursion airfare (by Air India ) through shortest possible route.
- Contingency grant of maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (which includes the cost of visa, taxi charges from place of duty to airport and back, overseas mediclaim insurance expenses reimbursable on submission of original receipts/bills on return). No other charges/expenditure is admissible.
ICMR Long term international fellowships for young indian biomedical scientists Courses
Requirements for ICMR Long term international fellowships for young indian biomedical scientists Qualification
- The applicant should be a citizen of India and working in the country.
- The applicant should possess an M.D/M.S/Ph.D degree (M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S. or MBBS/BDS/ MVSc./ M.Sc./M.Pharma/M.Tech or equivalent with Ph.D. in health / biomedical research) with at least three years teaching/research experience in a recognized Institute after obtaining the requisite qualification.
- The application should be forwarded by the Employer/Head of the Institution with a statement that the candidate will be considered as a full time employee of the Institution during the period of his/her fellowship.
- The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the host Institute where he/she proposes to work during the fellowship.
- The applicant should submit a proposed plan of training for availing the fellowship.
- Candidates belonging to private colleges/universities have to submit recognition letter from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The applicant should not have availed any similar fellowship of duration of one month or above from any of the agency of the GoI/State Govts in the last 3 years.
Interview date, Process and Venue for ICMR Long term international fellowships for young indian biomedical scientists
Screening of applications will be done by the ICMR-DHR and the short listed candidates will be considered by the Selection Committee for awarding the fellowship.
The selection of the candidate will be based on the evaluation of the merit of the candidate and the training needs in the field of medical research by a Committee of eminent scientists.
|Areas for fellowships
|Emerging areas in clinical/medicine/health sciences
|Duration of Fellowships
|6 to 12 months
|Number of Fellowships
|Forty (40) fellowships per year
|Below 45 years as on last date of receipt of application
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
- Please refer to the Registration process before you Login and proceed further to submit the application.
- For best resolution and easy access, may please use the Google Chrome for visiting the website and submitting the application.
- The requisite documents may kindly be uploaded in pdf format only within the prescribed size limit indicated for each document.
- The scanned/digital signatures(jpg file) may be uploaded.
- Please refer to the detailed guidelines for International fellowships before submitting the application.
For more details visit: ICMR website.
Short term international fellowships for senior Indian biomedical scientists scholarship by