International students who intend to study one course (60 points) of Victoria University of Wellington’s English Proficiency Programme (EPP) in Trimester 3 2020 can apply for an English Proficiency Programme Rebate Scholarship if they intend to start a degree at undergraduate or postgraduate level in Trimester 1 2021.
About Victoria University of Wellington
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Victoria University of scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Aim and Benefits of Postgraduate Scholarship
The Scholarship is a full refund of tuition fees only for one EPP course (60 points) and will be paid on successful enrolment in your or postgraduate full-degree study in Trimester 1 2021. Payment can be set off against your tuition fees for your degree study when you enrol.
Requirements for Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
- be a new international student who is paying full international fees
- have applied for EPP study for Trimester 3 2020 (November)
- have applied for full-degree study for Trimester 1 2021 (February)
- intend to enrol in their first year of an postgraduate degree in Trimester 1 2021.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Postgraduate Scholarship
Selection will be made by a panel of staff, and based on your academic merit and intended study and career goals as outlined in your application.
Successful candidates will be notified within two weeks of the closing date.
Documents Required for Application
The following documentation must be provided as part of your online Scholarship application:
- A personal statement of 200 to 250 words?outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, including your study and career goals
Application DeadlineSeptember 18, 2020
How to Apply
Applicants are required to take admission and enroll by holding an offer for a full-time program at Victoria University of Wellington – New Zealand. Thereafter, candidates can proceed to submit applications for the award through:
Apply for the EPP Rebate Scholarship online
Apply for EPP study online
Apply for your full degree study
For more details, visit Victoria University of Wellington website.
Undergraduate scholarship by
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation for this Scholarship must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in one course of EPP in Trimester 3 2020 and intending to enrol in a full-degree programme in Trimester 1 2021 within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the Scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year. EPP study must start in Trimester 3 2020. Full-degree study can be deferred from Trimester 1 2021 at the discretion of the selection panel. The Scholarship will be paid only once enrolment in your full-degree study is complete.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise Wellington University International if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.