The Merit Scholarships program for foreign students is offered to students who pursue vocational training, technical training at the college level, or studies at the university level. The program is offered in order to attract the best international candidates for studies in Québec and to encourage student recruitment in programs with good job and research prospects.
The Merit Scholarship program allows recipients to benefit from:
- a scholarship that provides financial assistance during their studies
- an exemption from the differential tuition fees payable by foreign students
- health insurance protection provided by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)
About Government of Québec
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Government of scholarship is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓
Government of Québec Technical training students at the college level
Aim and Benefits of Government of Québec Technical training students at the college level
The Merit Scholarship is valued at $14 000 per year. The scholarship recipient must re-apply for the scholarship on a yearly basis, up to a maximum of three years, which is the normal duration of a technical training program.
In addition to the scholarship, all recipients are entitled to an exemption from the differential tuition fees payable by foreign students, and to health insurance protection provided by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
Requirements for Government of Québec Technical training students at the college level Qualification
To be eligible, students need to pursue full-time studies in a technical training program leading to a Diploma of College Studies (DCS). The public or private college where the studies take place must be accredited for the purposes of funding and be located in a Québec region outside the Greater Montréal area.
Students must also be citizens of a member country of the espace francophone [available in French only].
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
- For Vocational training students application: To submit a Merit Scholarship application, please visit the Québec métiers d’avenir online platform provided by Éducation internationale. Once your application has been submitted, Éducation internationale will verify that it is complete and that all documents are up to date. Relevant educational institutions will then make their selections from all submitted applications.
- For Technical training students at the college level application: All applicants must be preselected by an educational institution. Scholarship applications to be preselected by public colleges are submitted to the Fédération des cégeps [available in French only], while scholarship applications to be preselected by subsidized private colleges are submitted to the Association des collèges privés du Québec (ACPQ) . To apply for a Merit Scholarship, please contact the public [available in French only] or private college in question .
- For University students applications: All applicants must be preselected by an educational institution. Preselected applications are then submitted to the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) . To apply for a Merit Scholarship, please contact the university in question [available in French only].
For more details, visit the scholarship websiteUniversity students scholarship by